As temperatures rise, with amber alerts across the country, please remember top tips for keeping your pugs cool, comfortable & safe, potentially from heatstroke.
- Ensure your dog has constant access to fresh water, shade and cool surfaces
- Walk them in the early morning or evening, avoiding the midday/afternoon heat
- Check that the pavement or artificial grass is not too hot for your hand, hence their paws also
- Skip walks if necessary, for older, overweight dogs or those with breathing issues
- Provide cool mats or jackets. Do not rely on fans alone to keep them cool
- Never leave them unattended in a car, even in the shade or with window ajar
- Know the signs of heatstroke and seek vet advice immediately if your dog shows any symptoms