Before applying to adopt a Pug, please consider becoming a Friend of Welfare via an annual subscription to PDWRA. As a registered charity we rely on donations from the public to carry out our work which is undertaken by a small team of volunteers.
The Pug is a unique and special breed, requiring a unique and special home. Pugs are rehomed with the applicant most suited to the specific needs of each individual Pug.
It should be noted that taking on a rescue Pug is a huge commitment both emotionally and financially. Many of our Pugs will require special care and attention. Please consider this very carefully before applying to adopt.
Before completing the Adoption Application Form, please read the following guidance notes.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AGED 21 OR OVER
- All applications will be acknowledged automatically by email.
- All applicants must agree to be home checked by an authorised PDWRA representative.
- If your initial application is successful, you will then receive a further email to arrange a home check.
- If your home check is successful, you will receive a further email advising that you have been placed on our waiting list. Please note that it can often take a few weeks for your application to be processed, although in some cases the adoption process can occur quickly if suitable pugs are waiting in foster homes.
- APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE INSURANCE FOR THE PUG. At present, pre-existing conditions will be covered by PDWRA during the lifetime of the Pug.
- Applications from people in full-time work cannot be accepted. Pugs are a companion breed and need company.
- Applicants who already own un-neutered males or un-spayed bitches will not be considered.
Please keep us up to date on any changes in your circumstances.
To assist the Trustees in the rehoming of Pugs, please complete the form in full including the “About Yourself” section which will enable us to determine your suitability for a rescue Pug. It should be noted that all Pugs are rehomed to the most appropriate home to suit the Pug. May we remind you that applicants must be aged 21 and over.
If you are selected to adopt a Pug, you will usually be required to take him or her at very short notice, and without having seen the Pug.
If your application is successful, an adoption donation will be required, as we do need funds to allow us to continue to rescue Pugs and to help pay for vet fees and transportation costs. We therefore suggest the following donations should be given to PDWRA:
PUGS UNDER 1 YEAR – £500
1 TO 2 YEARS – £400
3 TO 5 YEARS – £300
6 TO 7 YEARS – £250
OVER 7 YEARS – £75 (with a minimum of £50 to cover admin costs)
A payment to PDWRA by BACS immediately prior to adoption will be required.
✓ Please ensure that you have read, understood and accept the above guidance notes.
✓ If my initial application is successful, I agree to be home checked by an authorised PDWRA representative.
✓ If I am selected to adopt a Pug, I agree to make a BACS payment to PDWRA immediately prior to adoption.
To apply to adopt a Pug, please go to the online application form:
Alternatively, you can download the form for completion and post it to us:
TIP: Right-click over the link and choose ‘Save Link As’ or ‘Save Target As’ to download the form directly to your computer. Clicking on the link may open it in your browser and can cause the form to print out slightly smaller.
Once you have downloaded the form, please complete and return it to the address at the bottom of the form. Please remember to include your registration fee of £10.
For all enquiries about adopting a Pug, please email us at: email@example.com
Your enquiry will be forwarded to the relevant Area.
The form is in Adobe ‘PDF’ format which requires Adobe Reader. In the unlikely event this is not already installed on your computer, you can download it free by clicking the button below: