The purpose of International Dog Day is to celebrate all dogs, mixed breed and pure, and to raise awareness about their needs, especially the ones that need to be rescued.
It was created in 2004 by animal welfare activist and pet lifestyle expert Colleen Paige, now celebrated every 26th August, all over the World.
PDWRA have special reason to celebrate all those we have Rescued and Rehomed. Please see some of their stories at: https://pugwelfare-rescue.org.uk/category/rescue-stories/
Some ways to celebrate International Dog Day are:
- Adopting a dog from a shelter or rescue group such as ours
- Volunteering at a local animal shelter or dog charity
- Donating to a dog-related cause or organization
- Taking your dog for a walk, hike, or swim
- Playing with your dog and giving them treats and toys
- Teaching your dog a new trick or skill
- Taking your dog to a groomer or spa
- Sharing photos and stories of your dog on social media
- Thanking a dog hero such as a service dog, therapy dog, or police dog
If you would like to Donate towards our rescue work, please go to: https://pugwelfare-rescue.org.uk/donating-to-pug-dog-welfare/