Before applying to adopt a pug, please consider becoming a Friend of Welfare via an annual subscription to PDWRA. As a registered charity we rely on donations from the public to carry out our work which is undertaken by a small team of volunteers.
The pug is a unique and special breed, requiring a unique and special home. Pugs are re-homed with the applicant most suited to the specific needs of each particular pug.
Please note that with the exception of any pugs requiring nursing care or temporary fostering, no surrendered pugs awaiting rehoming are kept at the homes of our Trustees or Friends of Welfare. We therefore request that you do not contact us to ask if you can come and view the available pugs.
Before completing the adoption application form, please read the following guidance notes. Applicants must be aged 21 or over.
- Applicants should generally be prepared to take on a rescue pug at little or no notice.
- Applicants must be able to provide adequate insurance for the pug. At present, pre-existing conditions will be covered by PDWRA during the lifetime of the pug.
- Applicants who already own entire males or un-spayed bitches will not usually be considered, unless there are medical reasons to support this.
- All rescue pugs will need to be spayed or neutered if intact when rehomed. Applicants must agree to arrange this as soon as possible after adoption. The cost will be covered by PDWRA.
- All rescue pugs must be microchipped into dual ownership with PDWRA, giving the adopter’s details as the keeper, to comply with the new regulations in force from 6 April 2016. Applicants must agree to arrange this as soon as possible after adoption. The cost will be covered by PDWRA.
- All applications will be acknowledged by email. If your application is successful, you will receive a further email advising that you have been placed on our waiting list. Please note, however, that due to the high volume of applications, it may take up to 6 weeks for your application to be processed.
- Please keep us up to date on any changes in your circumstances.
If you live in Wales, Bristol, Somerset, Devon or Cornwall: these areas are covered by the Wales & West of England Pug Dog Club Rescue. Due to the huge number of applicants, there will be a considerable wait to adopt in this area.
To apply to adopt a pug, please go to the online application form:
Alternatively, you can download the form for completion and post it to us:
TIP: Right-click over the link and choose ‘Save Link As’ or ‘Save Target As’ to download the form directly to your computer. Clicking on the link may open it in your browser and can cause the form to print out slightly smaller.
Once you have downloaded the form, please complete and return it to the address at the bottom of the form. Please remember to include your registration fee of £10.
For all enquiries about adopting a pug, please email us at:
Your enquiry will be forwarded to the relevant Area.
The form is in Adobe ‘PDF’ format which requires Adobe Reader. In the unlikely event this is not already installed on your computer, you can download it free by clicking the button below: